I became aware of The Salt Cave while going through the Groupon App on my phone, I was intrigued to find out what it was all about so visited their website. The Salt Cave is a 100% natural drug free treatment, the therapy is suitable for everyone, young and old, babies & pregnant woman. It can help people with different respiratory and skin conditions such as:
Asthma, Hay fever, Eczema, Psoriasis, Ear Infections & Cystic Fibrosis to name a few..
Unfortunately I suffered with Eczema at a young age and it cleared up as I got older but would reappear if I was stressed or around winter time when the central heating was turned on I also suffer from hay fever, touch wood haven't been affected too much as we haven't really had the climate for high levels of pollen. So with that in mind I booked myself an appointment, I arrived to be greeted by the receptionist (Kate) who was very helpful and informative.
You are asked to register and given a hairnet and plastic shoe covers before entering the salt room (cave)
|walls and flooring are coated with salt|
It was a very relaxing experience, I read a magazine and listened to some relaxing music (the sounds of waves) and inhaled the air saturated with salt aerosol, the air felt very clean and fresh as it passed through my lungs. It felt like I was down by the beach and all that was missing was that beautiful sunshine on my face. I feel asleep half way through the session which was nice.
The first visit is FREE then (£35) on a pay as you go or you can buy a package which varies in price, sessions last for 60 minutes and the number of sessions required vary, Children 5-15 sessions, Adults 10-30 sessions depending on age and condition.
The Salt Cave claims the beneficial effects as follows
- breathe easier after the first session
- remove airborne pollen from airways
- alleviate coughing, sneezing and shortness of breathe
- improve dermatological disorders such as dermatitis
- cleanse the respiratory system and speed up the elimination of toxin
- clear mucus plugs and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- clear up catarrh and congestion of the sinuses
- restore your energy levels
- reduce the need to use inhalers and antibiotics
- reduce the number of hospital visits
Thanks for reading.