I blended up my batch of batter and set them in the oven... before they even cooled down my hubby was in there sampling.. He was majorly surprised at how chocolatey and moist they tasted and it tasted just like brownies. You could make these for people and they wouldn't even know they were made with black beans. Absolutely brilliant idea..
Anywho here is the recipe:
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup of Cystallised Coconut Nectar (my sugar alternative)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsps of avocado oil or any oil of your choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Chocolate chips for topping- dark chocolate (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. Makes 8 brownies.
These little babies are absolutely delicious you wont be disappointed, go getting baking and let me know what you think.