I wouldn't say I'm the greatest cook but I do know how to throw down in the kitchen. I brought a jar of Tahini(a paste made from ground, hulled Sesame seeds) by mistake from my local health food shop and had no idea what to do with it and wasn't going to return it, so my best friend Mr Google helped me out.
I don't buy biscuits and thought I'd bake a nice treat, some homemade cookies, I came across a recipe for Tahini cookies, so I adapted the recipe and made it my own.
11/2 cup of oats
4 tbsp clear organic honey
3 tbsps organic sesame tahini
3 tbsps almond butter
1 tbsp milled flaxseeds
1 tbsp raw organic cacao powder
1/2 cup of blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325F (165C) degrees.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper or you can use your oven rack by placing tin foil over it.
3. In a bowl add all your dry ingredients and then mix in your Tahini, Almond butter & Honey and lastly the blueberries.
3. Combined the mixture with your hands which will get very messy.
4. Once all ingredients have been mixed, make in to small balls and flatten out with your palms and fingers.
Place cookies onto baking tray or rack and put in the oven for 10mins or until brown.
Take out of oven and cool before eating and enjoy with a nice cuppa. They taste really yummy not too sweet with a nice soft centre and the blueberries burst in your mouth.
Let me know if you try this out and what you thought of them.. Thanks for reading.