This dish sounds strange but you will be amazed at the favours and how well it works together. The wonderful thing about this dish is that any kind of vegetable can be used and you could even add chicken if you so desired
1 onion, peeled and chopped
4 tbsps peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and cropped
2 tsps grated ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 medium sweet potatos, cut into cubes
225g mushrooms, quartered
250g spinach leaves
1 tbsp mild/hot curry paste
3 tbsps tomato puree
500ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp agave necter
1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter - i used Meridian brand
2 tbsps coriander, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
coriander/chives for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan, add onion, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper and fry gently or 10 minutes.
2. Add the curry paste to the onion mixture and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the sweet potato, stir to coat with the onion mixture, and fry for 3-4 miinutes.
3. Mix the tomato puree and agave necter with the stock and add to the pan. Bring to te boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until thhe sweet potatos are almost tender.
4. Add washed spinach leaves and mushrooms to the stew and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetagle are cooked through.
5. Mix a few spoonfuls of the stew juice wih the peanut butter to soften it , and then add to the vegetables.
6. Add coriander, season with salt an pepper to taste, serve with boiled rice.