I receive a organic veggie box every week and had not got round to using the leeks from the last box, and was now invaded with more leeks, so made this yummy little dish. I was quite surprised at how well it turned out and it tasted great too. I intend on trying other vegetable combinations next time.
1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
1/2 cup oats (gluten free)
1/4 cup almond flour
5 tbsps organic coconut oil
Mix together your quinoa, oats, almond flour and coconut oil and set side
3 large leeks, washed thoroughly cut length ways then sliced
250g mushrooms, wash and slice
1 medium onion, chopped small
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 large red chilli, (optional) remove seeds and chop small
2 tbsps coconut oil
2 tsbs mixed herbs
2 tsbs basil
100ml veg stock
3 tsps nutritional yeast
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius Gas mark 3.
- Add coconut oil to a large pan on a medium heat saute onions, garlic and chilli until soft.
- Mix in your leeks and cover for about 5 then add your mushrooms and the rest of your ingredients cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Pour in your stock, stir, cover and simmer for 5 mins then add nutritional yeast .
- Transfer the leek and mushroom mixture to a pyrex dish and top with your quinoa topping.
- Place in oven for 10-15 mins or until crumble is golden brown.
Do let me know if you make it.