My first attempt at making this bread and it was a huge success. I was sent a bottle of Premium Organic Olive Oil and wanted to use it in a way I've never used it before - I either cook with it, use it in a salad or make a hair mask.
This simple bread recipe doesn't take long to make at all, so why not give it a try.
7g sachet easy-blend yeast
500g organic strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp himalayan pink salt
1 tsp organic palm sugar
2 tbsp. organic olive oil - I used Kalamata Premium Organic Olive Oil
1/2 cup black olives, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 210 Celsius fan. Gas mark 6
- Pour flour in mixing bowl, add your yeast, sugar and salt, then add chopped olives and mix together.
- Boil kettle and measure 100ml into jug. Top up with cold water to the 300ml mark, then add the oil and stir.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid all at once. Mix quickly using your hands to make soft and slightly sticky dough. Wipe the dough around the bowl to pick up an loose flour.
- Dust your work surface with flour and tip out the dough. Knead by stretching it away from you, then folding it in half towards you pushing it away with the heel of your hand. Give it a quarter turn and repeat.
- When the dough is smooth, put it back into the mixing bowl, cover with a tea towel and set aside to rest for 1hr.
- Tip dough onto a floured surface, knead to remove air bubbles. Shape dough into a rounded loaf. Cover and let it rise again for 30mins.
- Place loaf onto a well greased tray, get a sharp knife and make 3 shallow cuts across the top of the bread and put into the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 30mins until browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Why not serve your bread with some olive oil balsamic vinegar dip and olives.